The orchestral sample came from a 50s movie from archive.org. I added sequenced drums, with some boomy reverb. I have some trouble getting the timing how I want it. The software has some preset grids for where beats fall, but none of them is quite what I’m looking for. Part of the problem is that the “swing” setting is too swung for my liking- it turns out I want something other than the standard 2/3. I also seem to want different frameworks for the different drum sounds. Eventually, I want to come up with a quicker way of doing this stuff.
Just for fun, I added a B section, with a different string part and different drums. Though I shouldn’t have been, I was surprised at how much more interesting another part can make things! Prefuse 73 and DJ Cam seem to take advantage of this frequently.